Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Wednesday 24 March 2010

On the seashore.

I love this little girl,she is called "collecting shells" by Stamps Happen.She reminds me of when i used to go to Anglesey on hols with my mum and dad and sisters. It was always sunny, or did we just remember it that way.Did time erase the rainy days like it does with childbirth and hangovers?
The backing paper is Papermania Creaive Tones in the lilacs.I coloured the centres of some of the flowers with promarkers to match the little girls dress,a little trick to make an otherwise monotonous paper come to life.
You can just about see the liquid pearls on the shells and the glitter glue on her dress.The flowers are from a Clare Curd clear stamp set. I reckon i might put a happy birthday mum on it for Speedy's mums birthday next month ....unless i make something better.I'm off today and tomorow so who knows what i might create,apart from a mess!!
                           Thanks for visiting . Di. xx

4 comments:

  1. This is just so cute, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful card and I love this image!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, i really love the image and great colours and layout.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I keep looking at this stamp in Hobbycraft - keep resisting but, well you never know LOL.
    Gay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails