Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Sunday 18 April 2010

Happy Retirement.

When i went to Liverpool on wednesday i bought a stamp set called it's a mans world by Clare Curd. I totally forgot about it when i got home. It was only when i got the burgundy wedding invite card out to start folding and cutting it to size (boring task) that i found it in the bag. I've got quite a few mens stamps but they're mainly old geezers so this one is great for younger men.
This chap is your typical husband beached up in the chair sleeping off the beer and the tide of emotion that is involved with watching the match,,exhausted bless him! Now we can craft in peace for a couple of hours. I must say speedy isn't a footy fan but he's beached up on the settee watching the F1 as i write this post.

I paperpieced the chair to match the backing paper which is by Clare Curd, and put the beer and remote on 3d foam pads The idle sod is coloured with promarkers. I'm going to give the card to a friend of ours who has just retired. There is another fantastic card made with this stamp at Coops Cluttered Corner if you'd like to take a peek.
 Well i'm off to get showered and dressed now,do a minimum amount of housework and a bit of colouring before Speedy eventually drags me to the pub later this afternoon. Perhaps i could sneek into Abakhan first as it's only a very short walk down the canal.
                      Thanks for looking.    Di.xx

UPDATE!!   I finished this post and went to make us another drink, my coffee had gone cold so i thought i'd just reheat it in the microwave. I put it in and switched on. I don't know how but it somehow managed to tip over. There was coffee inside the microwave, under it ,all over the worktop and on the floor. The language was choice!! And the beached up bloke on the settee? Totally oblivious even though the kitchen is right nextdoor. Don't we just love 'em!

3 comments:

  1. Great card, I love it. I nearly bought this stamp set last time I was in Hobbycrafts .... will have to get it now (your fault) as it reminds me of my hubby who is always falling asleep on the sofa whilst watching tv.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic male card di.its a really great stamp set isn`t it.i love your colours and fab paper.thanks so much for the mention too, thats really kind of you.hope you managed to get a coffee.luvc coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Di! Love the paper piecing your colouring looks great too...I must get around to using these stamps...they are tucked away somewhere!xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails