Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 3 September 2010

I'm still here with a new card.

Phew, it took me just as long to find shoes, bag etc as it did to find a dress,lol. I'm almost sorted now so i'm back in my den.I am drafting this post last night ( if that makes sense ) as i'm working today so all i'll have to do is add the weigh in bit (guilt ridden) before i go. Any way here's a card, and about time too.
The card base is 5"x5". the backing paper is Papermania naughty and nice christmas, not just for christmas you know,lol. The big luscious drinkie is from a Woodware clear set called , of course, "cocktails". The sentiment is from a Penny Black set. Plenty of stickles and some flat backed gems and we're done.

Nine months ago when Neil and Nina said they were getting married, the words " i'll make you some favours" came pouring out of my mouth. Well it seemed so far away, plenty of time to think about that one!!   Luckily there's only 40 for the day do. I've spent a bit of time  chopping and folding bits of old card and have decided to do some mini milk cartons,. I got some cream and gold card from the papermill shop.  I'll upload when they're finished and decorated ( another quandary).
So, here goes............Gulp............


............ The friday weigh in, lol. I don't know why i'm laughing because it's not funny! I'm still 9st 4 lb, the result of bank holiday and the presence of Speedy. If he's off we always end up in the pub, he thinks dieting is watching what you eat, drinking doesn't come into it . I intended to drink diet coke but my will power did a runner as soon as we got to the bar.Still, better behaviour next week, and i've adjusted the treadmill so i'm now going uphill .

6 comments:

  1. WOW this is fantastic! luv the fab image...all that sparkle looks ace .... fab dp's, luvly bright colour combo & great layout xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the milk carton Idea,you know how much I've enjoyed making them! How very brave of you to take it on,how many have you got to make I wonder? If you run out of time maybe you could resort to the diaper fold gifts instead lol! Have a great day,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card di, i love the fab image and gorgeous papers and colours.the sparkle looks great.
    well done on the weigh in :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi di,brilliant card and i have those papers but they are in the xmas box,should dig them out,never mind re the weight loss at least you didnt gain and having made those cartons they are going to be fabx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di

    Lovely to see you - I love your cards!

    This one is great .. .. as always .. .. the sentiment goes so well alongside your image.

    Looking forward to seeing your "mini milk cartons".

    Have a good weekend (and don't put the slope up too steep on your treadmill).

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Di. Fab image..love the added sparkle. Lovely colour combo too! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails