Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 12 November 2010

Six for the Chix.

What a wild and wet day it was yesterday. I waited all morning for the rain to stop then legged it to Tesco and back before it started again. I got myself plenty of casserole type ingredients so i can top up the freezer for days like these.
I spent the morning in my den . At Christmas i like to give the girlies in the family ( including my 90 years young mother) a little stash of cards. Luckily i have quite a few already made for blog samples throughout this year but i still need to top them up a bit.
This little dress stamp is by Stamps Happen and it is perfect for paper piecing. The illustration on the front of the stamp makes it look like it's a solid colour stamp but it's not , it's an outline.
I used various scraps of paper from my growing mountain. It seems to manufacture itself in the box,lol.
I made 8 of these but 2 were repeats. The little hearts are from Hobbycraft and are made by Papercellar.The cards are 5"x5". The caption was done on the computer before i stamped the image beside it. I used to work in a posh wool shop years ago. We sold angora, cashmere, silk, alpaca and all sorts of lovely textured stuff. Not that "string" they sell these days. My boss always said, " Don't let them just look at it, put it in their hand. To see it is to want it, to touch it is fatal".  He was right and i often think of him now, even if it's only a bar of chocolate i've touched. He was a lovely bloke but he died of a heart attack at 68. These cards are a tribute to him.
 I must get off to work now but see you soon and thanks for visiting,  Di,xx

Target weight 9st 2lb.  todays weight 9st 0lb.

9 comments:

  1. These are brilliant Di.

    I love your sentiment (so very true) and the story behind where it came from.

    Great stamp. Love those dresses!!!

    Have a great weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are fantastic di.love the paper pieced dresses and a very true saying :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set of cards Di!, love the sentiment and what a lovely (but sad) story behind it :o)
    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are fabulous cards and the sentiment is perfect, and so very true!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Diane.What can i say,these are STUNNING.Love that stamp.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Di. Thanks for sharing your story :-) xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, the paper pieced dresses are fab. It was good to hear the story behind the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Di for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails