Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 14 January 2011

Oooh, i made a card !

You've no idea how long it took me to make this card,lol, and how much mess i made in the process. I ve been more interested in sorting my flat out and chucking stuff in the bin but as this is a card making blog i thought i'd better make an effort.
I got caught up in the excitement before Christmas at the Docrafts forum when Cardcraft were doing a special offer of Goody bags for £5 each. I ordered 3 and gave the parcel unwrapped to speedy to put with my Christmas pressies. Although they were worth £5 each they are not what i would normally buy so they are a bit of a challenge along with the missing mojo.

I used one of the blank cards, (there was 30, plus envies in each goody bag) and some backing paper and the birthday sentiment. The cake and the caption is from a Woodware clear set.
I've thrown loads of stuff out and i haven't started on Speedy's yet. He has so many clothes (naff ones the ex wife bought, 12 years ago,lol) which are never going to fit him so i'm going to have to whip him into action. I'm not doing it for him but i'll be watching over him. The kitchen is getting there, such a big kitchen but not enough storage so i've made space in the cupboards for stuff that was hanging around the worktops. I must admit to being a bit of a gadget freak and the bag sealer did come in handy for sealing my sweet bags but it is now inside the cupboard with the sausage/ mince machine,lol. Just need room for the ice cream maker and the slow cooker now. I do use all this gadgetry though, homemade sausages and ice cream are the best.

Speeking of food.....Target weight, 9st 2lb,  Today's weight 9st 5lb same as last week. I need at least 1lb off for next friday.......................

7 comments:

  1. What,together??????? Lol! Remember the advert choc-ice and chips? My HB is gadget mad,a real storage problem! Have a great weekend,keep on making the lovely cards,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di

    Glad to see production is getting back into gear again.

    You will feel more like it once all the clearing out is done. I always feel the urge to sort out cupboards and drawers etc when the new year starts.

    I think it is something to do with feeling like you have more time because all the rush and preparation of Christmas has passed.

    As for the sorting of the male clothes .. .. I give my hubby any suitable charity collection bags and slowly he is getting there.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Di

    Lovely card. No wonder you stayed the same weight this week - making cards like that! lol.

    Ugh.. sorting stuff out is a nightmare, but it's got to be done. Good luck.

    Have a good week.

    Wilber xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh scrummy card di.love the image and a great sentiment.we are slowly working our way through the tat in our house too :S

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you are back card making as well as sorting the house. I can't do both either but cards always seem to take over the sorting process. Need a skip to sort my stuff - oh hum!!
    x Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card Dianne, just right for a choccy lover. Good luck with your sorting, I hope you get it all finished soon so you can put all your energies back into making super cards.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that ad lol.We are both gadget freaks,great en it.I am also trying to make room in the cupboards,and clearing out.Glyn loves to hang on to those clothes,what is it with men.
    I love this card,gorgeous colours and great stamp.Happy Weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails