Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Sunday 29 May 2011

Funny Anniversary Card.

Morning all. I won't say "good" because it isn't, not here anyway. I hope it brightens up later as there is a street carnival up the road and we are nipping along to take a peek.The street is quite multicultural as there are Polish, Indian and Caribbean food shops and quite a few ethnic eateries as well as good old English pubs. I think they are trying to attract more people to the area as although this used to be the main walking route from the train station into the city centre there has been a free bus service for a couple of years now which has not been good for businesses.
Anyway meanwhile here's today's card. It's Speedy's sister's anniversary next week. Her and hubby are well into retirement so i thought i'd use my third stamp from Imag-e-nation (link in last post) for a bit of a laugh.
The papers are from my huge pad of K & Company "360 best of" papers. It was just under £30 but has loads of different styles and is well worth the money.
The glossy accents has been out again (see link in sidebar for flower digi). This time it's on the glasses too. The caption is from TLC again. I love my Fiskars deckle scissors. They are great for trimming a layer of coloured card around a smallish sentiment without having to cut it dead straight. Card base is 6"x6.

Challenges.  Simply Create. special day/event.
                   Stamp Something. Add a sentiment.

6 comments:

  1. Fab card as usual, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of these images, bought a few the other day, Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Di! that image made me LOL...and the flowers and dp's are stunning hun...!

    have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card di.love the image, its brilliant and gorgeous papers and flowers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, what a laugh, love the sentiment too, great flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card, made me laugh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're planning a party for our 50th anniversary in December, 2018. Can we purchase the right to use this cartoon for our invitations? If not, can we buy enough of these to use as part of our invitations? Thank you, Jo and Bill Trent. Anderson, SC, USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails