Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 6 May 2011

On The Beach.

On my daily visits to Free Digital Stamps i found this lovely summery image from The Stamping Boutique. It's perfect for this weeks challenge at I Love Promarkers which is to make a card inspired by a song title. I chose Chris Rea's  "On the Beach".
The seahorse backing paper is from a huge stack by K & Company. I cut out the turquoise mats with Fiskars deckle scissors.  I added the sentiment in "Thread Fun" font before i printed the image. I've got a thing about making daisies at the moment. I coloured some card candy with promarkers for the centres.
A bit of stickles for the sand and we're done.
It's Chester races this week so it should be quite busy in work. I went into town yesterday and i couldn't believe some of the sights. It gets worse each year. The women are getting fatter and their dresses are getting smaller. And as for the make up and hair extensions you'd swear they were going to a fancy dress do. Anyone living in a race town will know exactly what i mean.

Target weight 9st 2lb.  Today''s weight 9st 4lb. Not bad as i was 9st 7lb on Tuesday morning...........

7 comments:

  1. stunning card di.i love the fab image and your bright summer colours are gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab image and song -I love that one ,Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one Diane, you've used a simple little image & made a great card.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card, I love how you've done the sand, it looks really good. Great song title too! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really cute image and you have used it beautifully.

    Great colours and layout and I love what you have done for the beach.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol you do make me laugh.I love this image.Another fab card.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! (Laughed at your comment. I don't live in a "race town" but I do work in a seaside resort and know what you mean!)

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails