Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 31 August 2012

Few Christmas cards.

My hand is back to normal and I've started making my Christmas cards. I'm sticking to variations of the one design this year because for some reason, I don't really like making them.


The image is a Meljens digi and doesn't require a lot of fancy colouring in or a fancy layout. I added the sentiment on the computer.


The red and blue papers were free with a magazine a couple of months ago and the green is from my scraps.


The holly sprigs are also a Meljens digi which I scaled right down and cut out. The little mittens stamp is Hobbycraft's own brand. It is one of the little clear ones they do for about £1 each. I put a little blob of liquid pearls on the marshmallows and a sprinkling of glitter glue. The cards are 5"x5".

The lovely Speedy is having his Kidney transplant on Monday. Him and his sister both go into Liverpool Royal on Sunday late afternoon. There is not much sleep going on at the Speed household lately I tell ya. He's terrified of doctors and hospitals,( as most of us are)  which is why he got into this state in the first place. It's not just the operation, it's the worrying about whether his body will reject the kidney. With modern medicine this shouldn't happen though. I want you all to keep your fingers, and legs crossed for the next week or so!  I'll keep you all informed. Thanks to the ladies who have sent him cards. He's made up with them. There are more to come so I'll do a  "show post" when they have all arrived and have been opened.

5 comments:

  1. wishing speedy and his sister, the very best of good wishes for the operation and in recouperation....... and hugs for you
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending my wishes and great selection of cards. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Di,You are all in my thoughts daily hun.Have got fingers n toes crossed ( difficult to type LOL )that he will be ok.

    Have missed your fab cards,Love these really brill.Take care hun,will email you soon.Big Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to speedy and his sister
    and hope you take it easy too....just think he will be home healthy
    and driving you nuts before you know it
    chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, very best wishes to Speedy and his sister, thinking of you all. Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails